Fixed Income Core Portfolio Manager, Associate/Vice President
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The EMEA Fixed Income Core Portfolio Management team has responsibility for managing Blackrock’s Fixed Income portfolios in EMEA (500+ accounts, $300+bn AUM), covering a wide variety of investment styles (Systematic Active, Fundamental Active, Indexed and Smart Beta) and product types (Mutual funds, Institutional pooled funds, Exchange traded funds, Segregated accounts and Hedge Funds). The team is responsible for ensuring that the portfolios meet their investment objectives and are managed in a consistent and risk-controlled manner.
- Rebalance portfolios for flows, benchmark changes and client directed events
- For Active portfolios – work with relevant Sector Specialist to ensure that Active views are applied to the portfolios accurately and in line with portfolio guidelines & risk budgets
- For Active portfolios – contribute to active investment process by providing Relative Value analysis, ideas for substitution trades and other market colour
- Ensure that portfolios are in compliance with their investment guidelines and quickly escalate and resolve potential issues
- Manage Derivative lifecycle events for futures, FX forwards and option positions
- Manage Cash and FX exposures on portfolios
- Monitor Corporate Actions Manager dashboards and process corporate actions elections for team as needed
- Produce daily, periodic and ad hoc reporting required by the investment team using BlackRock’s proprietary tools (Aladdin)
- Establish strong business relationships with numerous internal teams
- Work closely with the team’s product specialists to ensure smooth on-boarding process and account activation for all new mandates and generating reports and analysis for client queries
- Contribute towards the client experience by participating in portfolio reviews and client pitches.
- 2-3 years professional work experience in a Fixed Income related role
- Experience of managing Multi-Sector portfolios a plus
- Emerging Market experience a plus
- Knowledge of Aladdin tools a plus
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures.
- High quality BA / BS in Finance, Economics, CFA or similar field with relevant experience preferable.
- Proficient in programming language (VBA/MATLAB/Python) preferable.
- Successful experience working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; drive to succeed.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills and the proven ability to work efficiently under pressure. Ability to work with challenging situations in a mature manner.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.