My client, a Global Asset Manager are looking to hire a Fixed Income Risk Data Analyst with 5+ years of applicable experience in supporting and building processes for risk analytics and data related aspects used by Global Fixed Income Portfolio Management, Quant and Credit Research teams. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on analyst, who has an eye for detail, is passionate about quality and knowledgeable about Fixed Income data to create best in class enterprise level solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying logic analysis, experience and business knowledge.
- Master and support vendor provided applications, primarily Bloomberg PORT.
- Partner with Investment teams to identify data quality/integrity issues and provide resolution recommendations after performing in-depth analysis.
- Planning and coordination.
- Work closely with agile technology teams implement business requirements and automation.
- Monitor audits to ensure the validity and accuracy of security-level analytics and risk exposures within the portfolio management systems.
- Develop and sustain relationships with Portfolio Managers, Risk Managers, Quants and Investment Analysts.
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Make independent/educated judgments regarding appropriate resolutions of data anomalies.
- Lead, or act as a key member of, project teams comprised of representatives from various operational areas and participate in assessing and testing new systems and upgrades/enhancements.
- Flexible and comfortable with uncertainty in requirements etc. in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to independently “troubleshoot” functional and/or quantitative problems.
Along with the responsibilities and competencies specified above, we are looking for an individual who possesses a positive, action-oriented attitude and understands the importance of taking initiative within a team environment.
- Strong academic record and a Bachelor’s and/or Masters in Finance, Mathematics or Economics are preferred or commensurate relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of functional/demonstrated experience with Fixed Income products, derivatives, and risk analytics with a vendor and/or an Asset Management firm.
- 5+ years of business systems analysis or experience working with and analyzing data for Front Office and Risk Management
- Hands-on knowledge of Fixed Income analytics platforms (i.e., Bloomberg PORT)
- Experience utilizing proprietary and 3rd party tools to analyze/decompose active risk exposures in our portfolios (Tracking Error, VaR and Tail Risk, Scenario Analysis, etc.)
- General knowledge/awareness of macro financial markets and more specifically, the buy-side/asset management industry
- Solid data skills (SQL database queries, Excel/Access file manipulation, etc.) and basic programming knowledge (e.g. VBA or Python)