Financing & Collateral Operations, Lead Business Manager - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Team profile and role responsibilities
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses 5 functionally aligned organizations. As part of ISGPO, the Financing & Collateral Operations (FCO) organization is primarily supporting the activities of Bank Resource Management (BRM) including the International & Domestic Securities Lending businesses, Firm & Client Financing and Bilateral Collateral Management.
The FCO Business Management team is responsible for financial management and planning for a 300 person organization. The team works extensively with Line Managers, Central Finance team, HR, IT and Project Teams to provide senior management with financial and planning support that facilitates business decisions and strategic planning. The incumbent will lead the business management function for FCO, reporting into the COO. The role will have extensive stakeholder engagement with senior management in FCO and across Operations.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the budget/forecast process to deliver results based on agreed target and business plans
- Risk and Opportunity tracking to ensure effective use of resources (both heads and dollars) across the organisation
- Communication and presentation of information across the FCO leadership team, Global COO group & Divisional Mgmt.
- Forging a partnership with the line to gain a deeper understanding of the business in order to provide more effective resource planning support
- Managing location strategy and other strategic initiatives by leading the financial discussions and helping to drive execution
- Acting as a business partner with the line managers in ensuring the headcount and expenses are tracked to plan
- Creative approach to problem solving and Ad hoc analysis
- Seeking ways to make process improvement and value-add recommendations across the organization
- Working with business partners including Finance, HR and other BMs to ensure timely and accurate delivery of information
- Expense Management experience including budgeting & financial reporting
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to challenge, develop and improve processes
- Must have sound communication skills and ability to tailor communication style for senior management
- Ability to adapt existing skills in a new environment quickly
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Ability to understand complex problems quickly and move projects forward
- Manage confidential information and data
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint* LI-CN1