Financial and Tax Reporting Analyst - International Corporate and Investment Bank - Up to £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Support (if required)
- Up to £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Support (if required)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
A new and challenging finance opportunity has been created by a highly successful and growing global corporate and investment bank based in the Central London. The CFO has built a solid finance function with a good team culture. The bank is well capitalised with a healthy balance sheet and the organisation is stable, professional and well-run. The role is a well-rounded one, which will cover Financial, Group, Regulatory and Tax Reporting, along with involvement in finance systems and process improvement projects.
- Part-Qualified to Finalist level candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with Banking experience (sector experience is essential)
- All-round finance skills covers financial and tax reporting (namely VAT) with the ability to pick up new tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Ambition to complete ACCA or CIMA studies and qualify as an accountant
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To prepare the regular financial reporting of the London Bank.
- Assisting for matters relating to taxation (direct and indirect) of the Bank which includes production of the VAT and Corporation tax returns.
- Prepare Group Financial Reporting Pack for PLC.
- Assisting in account preparation for all London controlled subsidiaries.
- Assisting for accurate and prompt reports which are made to all supervisory bodies.
- Assisting in the preparation, in conjunction with the financial controller quarterly financial reports to the Board.
- To assist in central bank regulatory changes, controlling the effects on the business.
- Provide assistance in relation to the conversion to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) when required.
- To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Financial Reporting Manager and the Financial Controller.
- Technical IFRS knowledge
- Corporation tax and VAT knowledge
- Banking sector accounting experience