Dedicated accountant for the delivery of the group and solo reporting solution under IFRS and UK GAAP. The reporting workstream covers both consolidation and Solvency II and both elements will require dedicated lead for delivery.
Working with M&G Plc as a Financial and Regulatory Accountant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
12 month fixed term contract position which will begin working remotely and can then be based between working from hom and one of our offices in London/Edinburgh/Stirling.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
Manager or Expert:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
In this role you will be a pivotal part of our Finance Ambition programme for the implementation of our new strategic consolidation solution. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the Tagetik solution for IFRS consolidation and UK GAAP sub-consolidation as well as delivering process change reporting for both M&G plc Group and solo entity reporting. Specifically, you will be responsible for driving and embedding change in the business, representing the needs of the consolidation and sub-consolidation teams to the programme.
You will be accountable for the overall delivery lifecycle including review business requirements. You are expected to contribute to design decisions and represent Finance during data migration and testing activities. The role-holder will also engage with other areas of the Ambition project to ensure cross-dependencies are identified and will be responsible for delivery of the future state process for Group and solo consolidated reporting. In addition to the technical delivery, you will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of future state business processes which will be implemented alongside the system delivery.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Supporting the consolidation workstream to deliver programme objectives
- Supporting the overall Consolidation Lead on a day to day basis and representing the voice of the business in the project
- Acting as the interface between the Project Team and Finance teams to ensure successful implementation of business processes alongside the new Consolidation solution
- Working with the finance function to understand how the changes impact the existing finance landscape and design ways to minimise disruption to the business in implementing the changes
- Ensuring effective communications with all key stakeholders within the core project team
- Supporting continuous improvement through routine and bespoke analyses
- Providing input into key programme activities such as UAT, learning requirements and enabling business readiness
- Gathering and evaluating business requirements in light of the scope of the project
- Supporting the consolidation implementation lead in areas such as intercompany accounting, consolidation of funds, treatment of JVs
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- An Accountancy qualification (e.g., ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA)
- Experience of working on finance change projects with proven expertise to deliver large scale and complex improvement projects
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex consolidation problems
- Knowledge of a finance function operation within insurance
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting goals
- Be able to speak the language of the business whether its IFRS, UK GAAP or Solvency II
- Experience of developing strong working relationships and coordinating activities across distributed business areas (Financial Reporting, Accounting Production, Actuarial, Data)
- Knowledge of Consolidation and Reporting systems
- Resilience and determination to succeed in the face of unforeseen challenges and be a team player
It is desirable for the candidate to have:
- Experience in the delivering Consolidation and Solvency II reporting systems implementations, including design, data migration and test strategy (ideally Tagetik)
- Good knowledge of industry trends, best practice and developments, good networks / links with external bodies and individuals in the same field