Financial / Bid Pricing Analyst, Associate Director (Pre-Sales Support, IT Consulting, FP&A) - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Cognizant seeks an experienced Financial / Pricing Analyst to be based in our London HQ. This is a permanent role and will support pursuit leaders in Europe through Financial reporting activities as well as the lifecycle of Strategic pursuits and/or Deal pursuits by developing the commercial proposition for complex multi-disciplinary services. The goal of position is that you will be guided and trained towards a pricing lead position with the following responsibilities
Integrating the overall commercial proposition to client;
Defining/developing pricing strategies & commercial model options/scenarios for financial evaluation; and
Supporting commercial negotiations in the response and subsequently contracting phase.
- Assisting with Deal qualification – early hypothesis and high-level estimation of financial deal shape;
- Ensuring deal propositions are commercially attractive to client and Cognizant – ensuring that Cognizant’s financial targets are appropriately factored into the deal;
- Coordinating with the Accounting function to define and analyse scenarios for financial evaluation;
- Supporting the Pursuit/Relationship Lead in leading the commercial negotiation through defining negotiation positions/strategies for pricing and key commercial terms
> Defining initial positions for key Terms and Conditions.
> Drafting commercial/pricing contract schedules in line with agreed commercial strategy and coordinate with Legal on Contract drafting.
- Identifying and managing all commercial issues, including commercial alignment of any sub-contracting arrangements with commercial basis of prime; and
- Supporting internal Processes for Commercial & Executive Deal reviews.
Additional (and future) responsibilities include:
- Developing and contributing to improving the organization’s commercial expertise;
- Establishing & effectively communicating the commercial engagement model for strategic engagement pursuits and assisting in developing Cognizant’s overall pursuit management framework/process; and
- Reinforcing the level of general expertise in commercial deal structuring for account teams through training and the development of commercial deal shaping collateral and IP.
- Support M&A activity pre- and post-acquisition
- Proposing commercial model(s) and aligning the pursuit value proposition to client objectives and identified Win Themes;
- Defining pricing strategies and identifying potential commercial models;
- Overseeing the commercial deal shape (pricing models and Value optimization levers) -working with the Lead Solution Architect to optimise the relationship of solution shape to commercial proposition;
- Proven experience in Financial reporting, previous Pre-Sale commercial contracts experience required.
- A MBA or Master’s degree from a well-respected university is desirable.
- Proven ability to succeed in a matrix environment through collaborative leadership.
- The candidate must have demonstrable experience in:
- Deal modeling and financial architecture skills in developing creative constructs for various types of commercial models and approaches, P&Ls, cash flow analysis and revenue recognition concepts
- Developing and negotiating financially sound solutions and constructs that will provide high value to both Cognizant and its customers throughout the full life cycle of the pursuit phase of the transaction.
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills are preferable.
- Strong excel skills are required
- High impact personable individual who can be immediately credible with both internal and client stakeholders.
- A collaborative team player with experience of leading multi- disciplinary teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the emotional intelligence to relate effectively to a range of individuals with significantly different personality types and/or cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent listening, written & oral communication/presentation skills
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to see the "big picture" while also driving execution
- Organized and self -motivated with an excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrating a high level of technical, financial, and business acumen
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at http://www.cognizant.com/ or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.