Financial Strategy Manager - Corporate Finance M&A
- GBP60000 - GBP85000 per annum GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Warner Scott Recruitment
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Our client, a leading global consulting firm, is seeking to hire a number of ambitious Finance Consultants to work within their new Corporate Finance Consulting team based in London.
The team works with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal Integration and Separation issues related to M&A or similar transactions.
The Financial Management in M&A team is a specialist capability which supports the growth of the Integration Advisory practice. The team is built using a mix of consultants and industry-trained finance professionals, and has the ambition to be the advisor of choice for M&A issues which impact the finance function.
You will be working with highly motivated and high calibre individuals to build the leading team in the industry and work regularly on 'front page headline' deals for a client base comprising a wide range of publicly listed corporates, private companies, private equity houses and public sector organisations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a newly formed team with ambitious growth plans and help build a market leading Financial Management in M&A capability.
You will gain exposure to the high pressure, fast-paced world of transactions through delivering operational finance integration and separation projects. Your role on a project will include:
- Assisting CFOs and finance stakeholders on the buy-side or sell-side to plan and execute changes in the finance organisation as required by the transaction. This will be across the deal cycle from pre-deal to post-deal phases of the transaction.
- You will work across a variety of industry sectors and locations with clients of varying size and complexity. We also work with other advisory firms (banks, law firms, technology companies, and other accounting firms) on deals, as required, which depends on the nature and scope of the engagement.
- Providing day to day support to project office activities, and lead PMO activities on small to medium sized engagements.
- Lead analytics on synergy and separation type projects and be responsible for first draft of significant sections, if not all, synergy commentary reports.
- Lead the support to the finance workstreams on integration / separation projects, supporting client workstream leads to fulfil their workstream objectives.
- Contribution of content for sections of reports/deliverables on separation and integration projects.
- When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues in preparation of proposal materials.
- You will need to be willing to travel as we mainly work from client sites and have a global portfolio of clients. The length of a project can be anywhere from one week to one year, although a typical project will last a few weeks and we would aim to give you as diverse an experience as possible.
Candidates must be team players. We pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
Candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrable personal impact, flexibility, drive and commitment.
Candidates will be looking to broaden their current skill set and will embrace the opportunity to work at client sites with a relatively high level of autonomy.
Candidates will be expected to have as a minimum the following skills and experience:
- Background in Management Consulting or an operational finance role in industry.
- Professional qualification preferred (ACA, CIMA, MBA or equivalent).
- Operational finance experience could include activities such as planning, budgeting and forecasting, finance business partnering, management reporting, ERP systems implementation, cash management or design and operation of core end-to-end processes (Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash etc.).
- A good understanding of the component parts of a finance function and the typical organisational structure, processes, controls, systems and performance metrics/ benchmarks.
- A good knowledge and understanding of core finance processes.
- Awareness of current leading practice and future trends in creating efficient and effective finance functions, including supporting business strategy, operating model design and implementation, disruptive technologies and creating insight from data.
- Exposure to the operational finance issues created by finance integrations, separations and carve outs.
- Experience of leading finance change projects and business improvement in industry or a consulting environment.
- Experience of organisational change in finance/ back office functions.
- A keen interest in merger and acquisitions.
- Financial and commercial awareness.