A top tier global accountancy firm is looking for a financial services or insurance external auditor with 1-5 years of experience to support their highly regarded internal audit team. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to join one of the top accountancy firms worldwide as part of their growing and wide-reaching team.
If you’re an ambitious individual who’s ready for a new challenge the company is looking for newly qualified members to take responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment, including statutory and CASS audits, for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Minimum of 1-5 years of auditing experience, ideally in insurance or in financial services
- Minimum education level of bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Achieved or studying towards a recognised professional qualification (Accounting, Internal Audit, IT (CISA) or Insurance (CII))
- Accomplished in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.”
Please follow Miryco Consultants on LinkedIn for similar opportunities