Financial Services Ops IT Senior Associate - Delivering Deal Value
A career within Delivering Deal Value services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients achieve maximum value on their deal transactions by solving transformational and complex challenges. We focus on all operational aspects of a transaction, pre and post completion. We conduct pre deal and confirmatory due diligence, execute large scale enterprise wide integrations, and support complex divestitures and separations on a wide range of functional areas such as Information Technology, Operations, Human Capital, Health Industries, and other back office functions. Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
We currently have a vacancy for a Financial Services Operations and/or IT specialist to work on fast-paced and often high-profile merger and acquisition (M&A) projects, as part of our market-leading Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team. This role offers the chance to develop your career in the stimulating, challenging and supportive environment within PwC's highly regarded consulting practice. About the role
DDV helps clients with the operational and transformational challenges arising from M&A activity, advising on transactions ranging from £50 million to over £5 billion. You will be working with businesses from a wide range of financial services sectors by providing pre and post-M&A support. Areas of work include
- Helping clients to assess the operating environment of target businesses via operational due diligence;
- Helping clients to articulate the quality and performance of their operating environment to potential buyers;
- Analysis of costs, including cost synergies that may arise from the merger of two businesses;
- Assisting clients with planning and delivery of separation of divested businesses; and
- Working to plan and execute post-merger integration projects.
You will be challenged to take on significant responsibility from the outset, including meeting with senior executives on high-profile engagements, and producing high-quality written reports articulating our findings to senior stakeholders. You will need to work to tight deadlines to understand and report on the operations-related opportunities, issues, costs and risks impacting the value of target businesses. Working within a dedicated project team, you will receive help, support and guidance from a senior member of the team.
The DDV team consists of c.100 consultants, of which c.20 specialise in financial services. The team works closely with other areas of PwC including Strategy, Financial Due Diligence, Regulatory, Legal and Tax teams. Alongside DDV, these specialist teams enable PwC to provide clients with insights and advice throughout the M&A process.
Whilst primarily London based, the global nature of our work means candidates must be prepared to travel widely when required.
Due to continued success and increasing demand for our services, DDV is seeking to enhance this team via select, high-calibre appointments. Additional information
Who we are looking for Essential skills and experience
- Amount of time client based 50%
- Opportunity for job sharing No
- Need to travel and overnight stays away from home Yes
- Opportunity for flexible working No
- Amount of time PwC office based 50%
Desirable skills and experience
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with clients or internal stakeholders
- Experience of leading project delivery teams or workstreams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to produce high-quality written reports
- Comfort around financial analysis and understanding of the key drivers of financial information
- The ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- Comfort around IT and operational analysis to understand business processes, their associated costs and potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement
- An ability to operate on your own initiative and to work through ambiguity, often to tight timescales
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, ideally banking or insurance
- Degree, MBA or accounting qualification
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector
- Managing and delivering operational change projects
- Exposure to commercial negotiation
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity