Financial Reporting Officer
- GBP40000 - GBP60000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Sep 17
The Financial Reporting Officer role supports the senior Line of Business Controllers in the Investment Banking industry organisation in London to ensure that the end to end financial control framework supports the production of an IFRS compliant balance sheet and income statement for assigned lines of business, and is maintained in accordance with global and regional governance. The Financial Reporting Officer partner with Product Control and Operations to ensure that the end to end financial control framework supports the production of an IFRS compliant balance sheet and income statement for assigned lines of business.
What will the Financial Reporting Officer do?
- Work closely with Product Controllers in London to develop a deep understanding of the underlying business and to ensure appropriate controls and reconciliations are in place that will enable Finance to ensure the integrity of the Financial Statements and disclosures.
- Assist with the monthly review of end to end controls through the review of LoB Risk Dashboard, PC SOD packs, attestation, eDR and BRAG and escalate issues as appropriate. Assist in month-end Revenue and Balance Sheet Analysis and commentaries for review by Head of LOB and Head of Financial Reporting teams. Prepare month end account and inter-systems reconciliations for key products and liaise with Product Control and Operations to investigate and clear breaks.
- Prepare monthly ledger accounts Attestation summaries for accounts under ownership
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly Head Office returns, financial and regulatory disclosures.
- Monitor balances in key control accounts, suspense, other as allocated, and follow up on outstanding balances in control accounts
- Support and assist with the sub-branch, transit and account opening process for Capital Markets within the general ledger and sub-ledgers
- Review and arrange intergroup transfer pricing ledger postings, reconciliations and settlements. Investigate and clear intergroup breaks.
- Assist with supporting projects within assigned businesses to ensure that Finance requirements are met and to ensure correct IFRS compliant accounting.
Must-have expereince for the role: Financial Reporting Officer
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or Qualified by work experience
- Majority of work experience gained in banking and financial services
- Good knowledge of the accounting treatment of investment banking products.
- Good understand of the control framework
- Strong PC skills, and in particular, the ability to use Excel is essential