- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 15 Nov 18
Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager - Finance - London
You will contribute to ensuring that Aviva Investors legal entities are effectively and efficiently managed, and meet all reporting and minimum capital requirements to be able continue to provide asset management services to our customers and clients.
- Day to day management of outsourced service provider team to ensure that reporting deadlines are met, and month end processes are completed.
- Lead the annual statutory accounts process and coordination of audit deliverables, working to tight deadlines and closing or escalating issues raised by the external auditors
- Lead the UK Regulatory Reporting to the FCA process
- Oversight of controls owned by the team ensuring that they are adequately designed and operating effectively.
- Oversee effective working capital management, including settlement of intercompany accounts and robust cashflow forecasting process
- Represent the team on ad hoc team projects, and drive development work to improve existing processes
- Leading and managing a small team
- Good understanding of current IFRS accounting standards, and ability to perform technical accounting research and present conclusions
- Practical experience of consolidation of a medium sized group
- Experience of assessing financial risks and designing suitable controls to mitigate those risks
- Good communication skills, and ability to build network across finance and the wider business
- Good report writing skills
- Being proactive & challenging where appropriate
- Familiarity with financial services industry and ideally the investment management industry
- Strong system and spreadsheet skills (experience of Oracle, and Hyperion Smart View an advantage).
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, etc.)
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.