To contribute to the overall success of the Financial Reporting team with a primary focus of delivery the quarterly Head Office reporting and bi-annual statutory reporting. The reporting is consolidated by a number of the Bank's entities which span IFRS, USGAAP & JGAAP.
One of the largest Japanese banking corporations globally.
- You will have full accountability for and be the subject matter expert in the team for derivatives and all associated reporting, including levelling, fair value and off-set disclosures. You will develop your understanding of trading strategies to challenge booking models and consider the technical accounting of transaction structures.
- You will proactively contribute to the monthly general ledger close, through review of key controls and underlying trade data supporting an end-to-end understanding of systems and process flow and comprehensive ownership of underlying trade data.
- You will compliment timely and accurate financial reporting with value-add analysis through detailed analytical procedures to understand business performance and drivers, highlighting areas for business optimisation through compression, capital planning and leverage exposure management.
- You will leverage Business Intelligence and your knowledge of systems architecture to develop and automate processes to enhance control, increase efficiencies and enable greater focus on value-add analysis.
- Extensive communication is required across the firm including direct interaction with trading desks, risk teams, product control and other Finance teams with regular communication with Tokyo colleagues.
- You will engage with external auditors to support the process throughout the cycle, including interim procedures, controls review and year-end substantive testing.
The team are expected to maintain recent detailed process notes for all material areas of responsibility and support other team members through cross-training and knowledge sharing to promote a culture of continual professional development across the team.
- Big 4 trained and ACA/ACCA qualified
- Significant financial instruments experience, particularly derivatives
- A keen interest in Financial Reporting, with experience of preparing financial statement disclosures
- Solid knowledge of IFRS required
- Experience of working in a multi-GAAP Group function desirable
- Familiarity with working with very large volumes of complex data
- Experience of using Business Intelligent tools in developing automated reporting solutions
- Competent user of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Competitive Salary
- Offices based in the City of London near major transport links
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Flexible working - providing the deadlines are adhered to.