Financial Reporting - Real Estate
- Competitive Basic + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Interim
- 02 Oct 17 2017-10-02
Arkesden Partners have been mandated by one of our established Real Estate clients based in London, they are looking to make a permanent addition to the team in the form of a Financial Reporting Manager. This is a growing company on both the front & back offices so naturally will provide a lot of opportunity.
Financial Reporting Manager (Permanent) – Job Description
The FRM will be responsible for all of the companies external and internal financial reporting. External reporting includes reporting to Asset Owners and reporting by the company to Banks and other organisations on behalf of Asset Owners. Internal reporting will involve management of the day-to-day accounting activities and managing the preparation of management accounts and other internal financial reports.
- A recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experience of preparing and analysing accounts and other financial reports.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrably strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to set up and maintain a diary of reporting deadlines.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a range of external customers and professional advisors.
- Ability to work flexibly within a small team (realistically this needs to be someone coming from a small - mid-size company).
- Experience of working with commercial property and an understanding of some of the key performance measurement criteria.
- A desire to develop your career and take additional responsibility as the business grows.
- An interest in financial reporting developments and what other organisations are doing.
- Comfortable with basic IT and Office software.
Specific Tasks – External Reporting
During contract negotiation monitor reporting requirements to ensure they are deliverable and to determine impact on staffing needs.
Maintain a tracker/diary of all the companies reporting requirements and, where necessary, liaise with 3rd parties to ensure information is available to meet deadlines.
Prepare reports in agreed format and co-ordinate any required internal and external review prior to submission to the relevant party. Respond to any queries raised.
Work closely with analyst team to ensure information delivery is co-ordinated.
Specific Tasks – Internal Reporting
Maintain database of Asset, Property and other Management agreements.
Instruct preparation of sales invoices in accordance with all agreements, issue and ensure payment within agreed time limits.
Co-ordinate receipt, approval and submission of purchase invoices to company accountants.
Review VAT returns prior to submission by company accountants.
Liaise with company accountants to answer any accounting enquiries. Review quarterly accounts and submit to Directors for review.
Prepare and maintain annual budget for all group companies.
Liaise with company accountants to ensure compliance with Corporation and other tax requirements.
**NOTE THAT THIS IS A PERM ROLE - thank you.