The Global Financial Markets MI team is responsible for the provision of Management Information for the Financial Markets Business Globally
The Financial Markets franchise has operations in all major centres across the globe, generating revenues in the region of €1.2bn on a balance sheet of €150bn. The franchise covers a wide range of products across fixed incomes, currencies and commodities.
As a result of internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the wider Financial Markets MI team in London.
The role requires regular liaison with Front Office business managers, Product Control, central and local finance teams and financial controllers to deliver MI as required by Wholesale Banking Finance Global Reporting Team
The successful candidate will be involved delivery of:
* Preparation and consolidation of Management Information Reports (Global Flash)
* Monthly forecast development and budget setting and monitoring
* Support global MI teams in shaping and delivering key messages / key developments within Financial Markets
* Input and Support of Global Financial Markets projects
* Support Client P&L development
* Business Partnering with global Financial Markets heads
* Provide expenses review & analyses including indirect allocations
Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) highly desirable.
* 3-5 .years' previous experience in a global FP&A / Management Accountant role, ideally within the Banking Industry
* Knowledge of Financial Market Products
* Experience of dealing with Senior Managers/ Stakeholders across large organisations
* Excel skills (macro level)
* Advance skills in information presentation
* Conscientious and diligent with an eye for detail but with the ability to understand the "big picture".
* Strong Team Player
* Delivery focused to ensure timely and accurate reporting
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
* Ability to work independently on complex work streams with often challenging timelines
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
* Support Global FM monthly flash preparation and consolidation
* Support the Client P&L Process
* Support coordination of rolling forecast, including trend analysis and critical assessment of future developments
* Support the business in their costs understanding and develop valuable reports and analyses
* Challenge costs allocations and review Management Reporting Services output
* Working with the wider finance team on process improvement and project work as it arises.