Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team provides analysis, planning and decision support coverage across investment management, client focused distribution channels, technology, infrastructure and corporate operations to improve business analysis, better inform management decision-making and communicate more effectively with key stakeholders.
The FP&A team provides direct support to the Chief Financial Officer in the areas of planning, forecasting, reporting and value-added analysis. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
We are seeking professionals with experience in quantitative or analytical fields, eager to join a high performance asset management firm like BlackRock. Candidates should possess excellent relationship and project management capabilities along with strong quantitative and analytical skills. Candidate must have a high aptitude towards financial analysis software such as Excel in order to be successful in this role.
The EMEA ETF and Index Investment (EII) FP&A team provides financial analysis and reporting to the EMEA Executive Committees, Business Management teams and Regional Leadership. The team looks at financial performance throughout the business and also plays a key role in linking FP&A with the other areas of the firm including Investor Relations, Treasury, Controllers, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Business Operations, Human Resources and Corporate Strategy.
- Play key role in the annual planning process together with monthly forecasting and reporting
- Be responsible for monthly ETF Client View reporting and forecasting for EMEA
- Play a key role in discretionary expense and headcount reporting and forecasting
- Play a key role in direct fund expense management, reporting and forecasting
- Partner the Financial Controller team on month end reporting
- Provide critical partnership to the India EII FP&A team
- Develop detailed business reporting, presentations and analysis for both ETF’s and Index Investment
- Analyse trends in the business each month and produce detailed reports
- Create a cohesive narrative in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner.
- Strong academics including bachelor’s degree in a numeric discipline
- Experience in budgeting, planning, and reporting, preferably in asset management or the broader financial services industry
- Experience acting as a successful finance business partner
- Experience with financial modelling is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required, experience with TM1 Cognos preferred VBA skills a plus
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative and problem solving skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines.
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product.
- A great attitude and strong work ethic
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management