Financial Planning Analyst
- GBP46000 - GBP50000 per annum + Discretionary bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 01 Dec 17 2017-12-01
A highly respected and leading financial services institution are seeking a qualified accountant to join their finance team to support the preparation of financial plans and analysis. You will be either CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant with prior experience in financial control, month end processes and possess a fantastic work ethic. Ideally you will also have business partnering experience with senior stakeholders.
My client are a major financial services firm based in the heart of the City of London.
Due to their flat structure, they offer a wide level of exposure in a variety of functions as well as excellent career progression opportunities.
The Financial Planning Analyst in London duties include but are not limited to:
- Production of headcount and cost reports and forecasts, highlighting trends and analysing of variances, presentation of results to headcount and cost budget holders
- Partnership with finance operations team in Poland to enhance the quality of data in the cost reports and build their understanding of FP&A processes
- Support the production of the 4 year plan, Annual Budget and Quarterly Rolling forecasts covering P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow planning
- Support the Return on Investment reporting and analysis framework to evaluate the effectiveness of Marketing and IT expenditure
- Support the preparation of the investor relations content including the bi-annual city results, Annual Report content and ad hoc investor queries and analysis
- Assisting on project analysis and production of business cases and other commercial analysis
- Build relationships across the organisation, building the link in to the finance function through effective business partnering
- Work with the FP&A and Finance Transformation team to gather requirements for the design of new planning models in Hyperion Planning and assist with testing
To be considered for the Financial Planning Analyst role in London, you must have the following:
- An ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- 2:1 university degree or higher
- Experience in a fast-moving complex, commercial environment
- Strong month end and financial control experience
- Hands on experience of analysing data to understand trends and identify anomalies
- Experience of working with business units, and stakeholders outside of finance
- Some budgeting and forecasting experience
Strong base salary and package in a firm that rewards success and hard work