Financial Modelling - Executive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
Job Title: Financial Modelling - Executive - London Location: London Salary: Competitive
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Financial Modelling Executive, you'll help make that happen. You'd be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of around 190 people sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of over 1,550 specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Underpinning everything is our focus on developing a talented team through investment in technical and commercial training and knowledge transfer. Within the team you'd have the opportunity to take on client management responsibilities and have the potential to gain excellent career progression. As part of your role you would work a varied portfolio of Financial Modelling and transaction-related projects, which would include model builds being to assist clients with developing Excel-based business planning and forecasting models as part of their ongoing business needs. You'd also work on model review services and these are predominantly deal-focussed, typically project finance or buy side for potential investors as well as getting involved with the wider team on project work. Although our team are largely London based, we operate as a national team and many of our engagements involve multi-national clients. There would likely be travel in the UK and could require working overseas from time to time.
Your key responsibilities
As an Executive within Financial Modelling you're likely to spend your day to day designing, building and testing integrated financial models for transaction related-projects or even for forecasting purposes for our clients. You'll need a strong knowledge of Excel and how it can be applied to corporate finance and be flexible and adaptable when it comes to different projects. Reviewing financial models is key too (under supervision) and you'll arrive at preliminary to conclusions to ensure we provide the best service for our clients.
Skills and Attributes for success
- Strong Excel Skills - designing and building models as well as testing them; incorporating operational, tax, accounting and financing aspects across a range of sectors. Develop a strong understanding of Excel and how it can be applied to corporate finance
- Stakeholder Management - every day you'll interface with multiple stakeholders across different functions to identify underlying business drivers and appreciate context of the transaction and the client's business issues
- Logical thinking - you'll apply logical thinking and creative problem solving skills to support resolution of issues
- Attention to Detail - you'll review financial models under supervision and arrive at preliminary conclusions
- Communication - Communicating effectively with the engagement manager, the client, and the wider team in a concerted effort towards delivering work products of the highest standard
- Support - assisting senior team members in developing new business
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven experience within Financial Modelling, with a number of years of commercial, client-facing work experience.
- Strong commercial awareness and an ability to identify the factors that drive financial performance
- A passion for Financial Modelling; highly motivated, numerate and a logical thinker are all key to the role
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong interpersonal skills and previous experience of working within a similar team
- Financial modelling experience
- ACA/ACCA Qualification (first time passes)
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, numerate, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over model reviews as well as building assignments where required.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.