Financial Modelling-Assistant Manager (Strategy Group)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
This role is specifically to work with the Strategic Modelling & Analysis Team within Strategy, focussing on the development of financial models. Working as part of this fast paced and growing group, you will be tackling complex and challenging client issues. You’ll have the opportunity to offer strategic advice on business and operating models to our corporate and private equity clients from both an organic and transaction perspective. You will join teams with a vibrant mix of expertise, industry experience and consulting skills and work alongside bright, dynamic individuals on projects across all industry sectors.
Our projects are challenging and often time pressured and will in some cases involve working in large multi-disciplinary project teams.
Working as an Assistant Manager in our team you will assist in delivering and reviewing a wide range of modelling engagements supporting our clients in making critical business decisions.
• Act as day to day lead for the project that you are currently working on both in the office and on client site, typically on smaller jobs
• Act as a modelling resource to support senior team members on larger projects, typically assisting in the development of integrated financial models.
• Work with senior team members to scope, design and develop complex business models
• Support senior team members in the presentation of deliverables to senior client management
• Work collaboratively with client staff and management, often working in joint teams in the development and delivery of recommendations.
• Have the opportunity to contribute to our business development initiatives and be an integral part of the sales team
• Contribute towards the development of the team and our propositions; contribute towards organising/guiding training and development of team
Work experience requirement:
• Proven experience of developing and delivering models
• Intellectual agility, inquisitiveness and an ability to work independently; be comfortable developing answers and solutions often when the client requirement remains unclear, or changes.
• Goal driven - focused on helping the client to understand issues and resolve key questions; ability to drive through to an outcome and to gain stakeholder support in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial/financial acumen.
• Problem solving: A pragmatic and logical approach to analysis and problem solving.
• Personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines.
• Strong judgement and decision making capability
• Ability to assess technical information to distil the key strategic insights and convey these succinctly, clearly and confidently orally and in written form.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - compelling and well-structured written English is a critical requirement for the role
• Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, working hours / work environments and locations