Financial Modeller-Assistant Manager KPMG
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
The roles are within the Modelling team based in London, Canary Wharf. We provide a wide range of modelling services to our clients in a diverse range of sectors such as transport, infrastructure, communications, health energy / natural resources, financial services, leisure, retail and manufacturing
Organisations across all industries are using financial and data models of increasing complexity in key decision making areas such as project evaluation, investment appraisals, on-going operational and financial reporting purposes.
The roles are within the Modelling team based in London, Canary Wharf. We provide a wide range of modelling services to our clients in a diverse range of sectors such as transport, infrastructure, communications, health energy / natural resources, financial services, leisure, retail and manufacturing. Our modelling services include:
- business planning and forecasting;
- modelling the impacts of business restructuring, including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring;
- transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence);
- management and KPI reporting solutions;
- data analysis and presentation;
- model risk assessment;
- model assurance;
- financial model best practice reviews
We work closely with teams across all functions within KPMG such as Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Tax, Performance Management, Financial Management, Financial Risk Management, Internal Audit and Regulatory and Compliance Services. We work on some of the most exciting projects in KPMG, delivering high quality, flexible and bespoke analytics and modelling solutions for our clients.
We are looking for advisors to join our team and work in all of the areas referred to above. The successful candidate, after undergoing KPMG’s rigorous training programme, will start working on best practice reviews and model assurance under the guidance of senior staff. This role offers the candidate the opportunity to develop an extensive knowledge of Financial Modelling that would complement their existing strong accounting, finance and Excel skills, whilst also developing client-facing skills, project management skills and consulting skills. As the candidate’s familiarity with best practice financial modelling increases, they will be given the opportunity to work on business and transaction modelling projects with senior staff. The candidate will be expected to pass on this knowledge to more junior analysts through mentoring and on-the-job training.
The role requires working to deadlines, prioritising workload, project management and providing a high level of client service at all times. The level of responsibility you will be given will only be limited by your own aptitude and willingness to learn and to take on new challenges.
• A first-class or upper second-class degree that included finance and accounting modules
- Holds or is working towards a post graduate degree (Masters, PhD, CFA)
- Holds the ACA qualification, or close to being awarded the ACA qualification
Experience and Skills
- Experience of working in a Financial Modelling role with an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios) working with Financial Sector clients
- A high degree of knowledge of Excel
- Experience of producing Financial Models using VBA and Excel
- Experience of managing junior staff
- Experience of interacting with senior management
- Experience in describing complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
- Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge