Financial Institutions Marketing Director
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Financial Institutions Marketing Director
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Financial Institutions Marketing Director to join our Global Client Marketing team in London or Frankfurt.
What is the Global Client Marketing group responsible for?
Global Client Marketing strives to engage each client segment with content that is focused on their specific needs and interests. This team focuses on a deep understanding of each segment which leads to the creation and execution of integrated marketing plans to drive engagement and satisfaction. Within this group you'll be the strategic marketing partner to our Global Financial Institutions (GFI) group who are responsible for servicing Global/Local consultancies, discretionary advisors, private banks, wealth managers, platforms and large banks. You'll lead our business development, promotional and service communications efforts for this group, using your expertise and industry knowledge to drive success in these channels.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Financial Institutions Marketing Director?
• Partner with GFI leaders to author, drive and adjust strategic marketing plan for the fund selectors including objective and key performance metrics
• Act as the leader of the marketing organisation representing the interest and goals of the GFI and mobilise other Global Marketing partners to deliver the strategic marketing plan for fund selectors, as well as being an active contributor to several international retail program work streams
• Conduct ongoing research to gain an advantage through industry and competitor intelligence
• Create or direct the creation of content for relationship managers and fund selectors to ensure it is high quality, on tone, on time, competitive and relevant
• Attend regular business meetings as marketing expert
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in economics, business, or marketing and ideally an MBA a plus
• Significant experience in investment product marketing/communication role working with senior investment professionals and product teams
• Extensive experience working within a large Global Financial Institution and understands how these businesses work
• Ability to build strong relationships both within the direct group and with the wider business (GFI)
• Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards
• Prior exposure to multiple client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail, non-U.S.) strongly desired
• Functional knowledge of investment concepts with the ability to apply those concepts to the development of compelling product stories, content, and materials
• Superior project management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in establishing and driving complex projects from inception through to completion
• Adaptable to changing priorities, new requests, innovative approaches to work flow, and working under tight deadlines
• Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., sales/marketing, client service, management, legal, performance, and graphics)
• A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
• Assertive with strong capabilities in facilitating projects, overcoming obstacles and challenges
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.