Financial Data Templates Analyst
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Financial Data Templates Analyst role sits within the Global Content Operations (GCO) organisation, and will interface with teams across GCO, as well as other areas of Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions.
The primary job of the Financial Data Templates Analyst will be to develop and maintain the excel-based financial database templates, in which financial data is collected on behalf of financial institutions and other entities rated by Fitch. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of data projects, which may involve the development of templates for new sectors, consolidation of data templates, or deliverables of commercial data initiatives. This will involve maintaining and reviewing the database templates as required. More specifically the candidate will be required to have a working knowledge of balance sheets, income statements and general accounting practices, so that templates can adapt and react to industry developments.
The role involves close collaboration with the data analysts and data specialists within GCO, as well as ratings analysts across Fitch Ratings to gather requirements, and working extensively with Fitch IT to make sure updates are made quickly and effectively. The candidate will also work closely with the data feed coordinator, acting as a back-up for incoming data feeds. It should be stressed that this is not an IT role. It is a role in a content operations organisation, working with financial data in excel-based templates. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Maintaining and developing excel-based financial templates on a bespoke data platform
- Understanding key financial statement data in order to maintain and enhance templates to support its analysis
- Managing internal and external requests for model changes and initiating discussion forums to agree policy decisions
- Running reports on data content to analyse impact of model changes or testing of new enhancements to the database system
- Interacting with Fitch IT to specify functional enhancements to the system and conducting subsequent quality assurance testing
- Communicating effectively to manage stakeholders throughout all levels of the organisation
- Support data cleansing projects as they arise
- Assisting with processing of third party data feeds as they are loaded into the database, liaising closely with the Data Feed Coordinator to ensure the efficient collection of all feed data
- Documenting processes and initiating improvements
- Assisting in ad hoc projects relating to the provision of financial data to clients
- Working closely with content data quality specialists and Fitch Ratings credit analysts to make sure data is accurate
- Strong knowledge of excel, to include use of formulas, pivot tables and VBA
- Experience in a role that deals with financial data or knowledge of how to interpret information within a financial statement
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to processes
- Ability to create/manage project plans and process documents
- Excellent administration and communication skills, with a highly organised and methodical approach to work
- A self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately and work in a team
- Ability to write queries in SQL and experience with Qlikview (or similar) would be beneficial
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .