Financial Data Specialist
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum + Strong discretionary bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
The Data Specialist is a new role and a key component of a broad initiative to centralise, streamline, and accelerate the capture and analysis of performance information with respect to data process. This role will be highly influential in defining and meeting the current and future informational needs of the firms workflows and processes.
My client are a worldwide and leading credit rating agency with over 100 years experience within the financial services industry.
The role will oversee the development and operation of centralized document transmission, data entry and quality control functions in support of the credit analysis, and will work with numerous internal teams.
The Data Specialist main duties include the following:
- Understand and define credit analysis data requirements
- Ensure highest levels of data quality for all sectors, checking data has been correctly processed by the outsource teams and providing feedback
- Ensure timely delivery to stakeholders based on business needs
- Manage the creation and updating of training and reference materials to ensure clarity of policy around the input of data
- Identify training needs of data entry staff
- Manage modifications to data entry templates needed to reflect evolving analytical or industry circumstances
- Participate in regular meetings with the analysts to align goals and objectives for data representation
- Initiate and oversee improvements to the data capture processes and procedures
- Provide domain expertise into the framework for Key Data Quality Indicators for data and review data quality via the reports and other tools on an on-going basis
- Provide consultancy, solutions and advice in the area of financial data across the organization
- Review analytical processes for bulk data capture
- Prepare and provide regular reporting to peers, supervisors, and analytical liaison
- Assist with the implementation of quality improvement and assurance processes relating to the other work streams outside of the spectrum
To be considered for the Data Specialist role, you must be have the following qualifications:
- ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with data from the financial services or public finance sector
- Experience with managing financial data reporting processes, especially in directing offshore and/or outsourced resources
- Experience of working within project teams, identifying problems and generating solutions
- Proven skills in influencing within a matrix organization
- Strong presentation and training experience
- Financial, economic or business-related degree and relevant prove experience in a similar role
Excellent salary and bonus prospects