Financial Data Analyst - German Speaker
Job Description The FDA role provides an opportunity for the candidate to make significant contribution towards the success of the ratings teams through support in financial analysis as well as discrete projects. The role also provides potential to develop skills in other areas, including leadership and management that would benefit the candidate. FDAs will primarily support one of the global Fundamental teams (Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions or Public Finance), and are responsible for creating and compiling financial documents within a Service Level Agreement, reviewing financial statement data and performing account adjustments as required by the methodology.
The role requires strong financial knowledge and for some lines of businesses, a good accounting background, and additional languages are a particular plus. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team. The ideal candidate for this role will be organized, have attention to detail and strong customer service abilities. FDAs are cross-trained within their line of business to support varying portfolios, which may include those from other global regions. The FDA will liaise with accounting specialists, outsourcers and analysts in order to fully understand the companies in the portfolio they support.
FDAs work as a team to ensure timeliness of data, and perform ongoing monitoring of data quality. FDAs regularly interact with Moody's Analysts with regards to financial data needed for analysis and publications. Experienced FDAs undertake responsibility for maintaining process and methodology documentation to support the team and are provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of career growth. The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This person must be fluent in Italian (verbal and written). Liaise with Rating Analysts, senior managers and other stakeholders on a regular basis to build relationships and open lines of communications.
- Fluent in German
- Ideally fluent or proficient in an other European language (Spanish, French or Italian preferred)
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Economics, Finance, or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative and the ability to work independently
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands
- Strong organization, communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills are required to work as a team and for daily interaction with Moody's Analysts
- Knowledge or prior experience analyzing financial statements is strongly preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.