Due to recent explosive growth in the practice, we need a Director within the Financial Crime Compliance team with a strong background in business development. A highly motivated business leader with a background in Financial Crime and Compliance to develop new clients and help our existing clients remediate issues, recommend controls, improve processes and implement technology.
Sionic is a global consulting firm specialising in financial services. Our purpose is to accelerate the business, technology and people performance of our clients and to have a positive impact on our society. We are expert-led specialists across banking, asset and investment management, financial markets infrastructure, wealth management, insurance and reinsurance.
Due to recent explosive growth in the practice, a vacancy currently exists for a Director or Senior Manager within the Financial Crime Compliance team. We are looking for a highly motivated business leader with a background in Financial Crime and Compliance and business development to join our team. This individual will work with the partner of FCC, helping our clients to remediate issues, recommend controls, improve processes and implement technology. You will manage teams and work to grow and develop Sionic’s already rapidly growing business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of compliance in a retail and capital markets environment.
- Demonstrable experience of Business Development from a consultancy / professional services perspective.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the systems development life cycle, data analysis, information technology systems, business processes and regulatory risk management.
- Work with clients to implement or improve compliance and risk management. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to become a trusted advisor.
- Lead remediation projects, look backs, system implementations, advisory efforts and model validation projects.
- Lead large scale engagements and consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Work with the FCC Partner to drive sales efforts.
- Provide leadership and direction on the sales and positioning of the firm.
- Build the Sionic teams. Attract and retain top talent. Mentor staff. Be a role model to the overall practice team.
- 10+ years of Compliance/Risk Management experience specifically within the financial crime space with a large, complex financial services organization
- Experience in and desire to work in a professional services organization
- Experience managing a team of investigators or other compliance professionals
- Exceptional knowledge of the regulatory environment as it relates to FCC
- Highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience in and desire to help develop business, conduct sales calls, craft proposals and help grow Sionic’s business.
- Experience or educational background in one or more of the following information systems and/or security domains, including:
- Regulations, Standards Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to write business and technical reports and to participate in presentations.
- A genuine interest and passion towards new technologies and regulatory trends.
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs. (25-50%)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Senior Manager at large advisory firm (E.g., big 4)
- Knowledge of Compliance package software such as Actimize, SAS, Detica or FIS.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field.