Financial Crime Strategy and Governance Manager
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
Financial Crime Risk is a Global Function that brings together all areas of financial crime risk management at HSBC and is dedicated to implementing the most effective global standards to combat financial crime.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Risk is a Global Function that brings together all areas of financial crime risk management at HSBC and is dedicated to implementing the most effective global standards to combat financial crime. Besides FCR Strategy Implementation, the FCR function encompass Financial Crime Compliance, Financial Crime Threat Mitigation, FCR Assurance, Global Standards Programme, FCR Chief of Staff (and Affiliates Risk and FCC Remediation), FCR COO and the Monitor Liaison Office.
In this role, the jobholder has responsibility for:
- Oversight and follow-up of FCR strategy related senior management actions.
- Management of FCR's compliance with the Senior Manager Regime requirements.
- Provision of strategic analysis related to compliance with global settlement orders (DPA, Cease and Desist, FCA direction, etc.) and other aspects of the FCR strategic plan.
- Development of internal and external briefing documents, for example issue and decision papers for the Head of FCR.
- Development and implementation of a process for capturing innovation across FCR and for driving the adoption of improved financial crime risk management processes.
- Drafting of ad hoc and periodic internal and external reports and policies including the FCR components of the Group Annual Report and Accounts.
- Development and maintenance of documented processes and effective reporting for the FCR Strategy Implementation processes in scope of this role.
- Supervision of Strategy and Governance Assistant Managers on specific process responsibilities.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following criteria:
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence to interact with other senior management members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations).
- Significant experience of operating in a global regulatory environment and knowledge of the wider regulatory context and trends in financial services.
- Legal background, company secretary experience, and/or relevant training, is desirable, but not required.
- Good MS PowerPoint and Excel skills and the ability to articulate concepts pictorially.
- Independence and initiative, high degree of self-motivation and ability to achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organisational, planning and management skills including a proven ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Possess the ability to achieve results through influence (e.g. affect people's attitudes, beliefs and behaviours without formal management authority) including influencing senior leaders.
For further details and application information please apply online
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.