This role is part of the Bank’s third Line of Defence providing independent assurance to the Board on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks across the Financial Crime division.
- Reporting into the Audit director in London, the consultant will support risk assessment, annual planning and audit execution
- This position is primarily responsible for completing high-quality audit work within assigned timeframes and budgets. This is generally the execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up.
- Provide assurance and consulting activity designed to improve a firm's operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Special reviews may also be conducted as requested by senior management and incumbents may also be involved in strategic business reviews.
- Day-to-day focus is on resolution of complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes. Role at this level usually has full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural experts representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- Lead interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes
- Identify potential risks and controls specific to AML, Sanctions and ABC, and assist in developing scope and work programs
- Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness
- Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
- Document results using appropriate business and technical language in workpaper system
- Report findings and client issues to management and engagement lead
- Assist with workpaper review and report preparation
- Complete work on a timely basis and with high quality workpapers in line with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Build relationships with peers and clients within organization Act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and department.
- Experience of working in an audit function within the Financial Services sector or providing consultancy services in the same sphere
- Experience leading or executing IA audit engagements supporting Financial Crimes (ABC/AML/Sanctions) compliance audits
- Experience using data analytics tools to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits
- Relevant audit industry qualifications e.g. ACAMs, ICA are desirable