Financial Crime (FC) Testing and Validation (T&V) Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 08 Apr 19
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best
Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
Main Function of the Job
Conduct Financial Crimes Testing and Validation activities:
In accordance with the Annual Testing Plan, perform Thematic or specific reviews across multiple entities, lines of business or locations in EMEA as directed by the FC T&V Team Lead and in accordance with the T&V policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Engage with key stakeholders within relevant lines of business and with relevant control function team members (in particular, Financial Crimes Risk Management) to effectively plan and scope Testing activity, coordinating this with the FC T&V Team Lead.
- Perform and lead, when requested, testing of control design and effectiveness in accordance with relevant Wells Fargo testing and sampling methodologies).
- Keep all stakeholders appraised of review progress through formal and face to face updates as to review progress, potential issues, etc.
- Raise appropriate recommendations for the issues raised in the report and with relevant senior management.
- Formally document all review activity phases with quality work-papers and evidence.
- Complete and update the supporting system tool consistently with the status of the review and the evidence found.
- Attend relevant International and EMEA conference calls and meetings in order to discuss Testing and Validation standards and issues raised, as directed by management.
- Undertaking relevant regulatory and corporate training as required / directed to maintain competence.
- Under direction of Management, provide cover arrangements as per cross training or with other testing work to assist the wider EMEA T&V team in times of need.
Market Skills and Certifications
- A proven track record of FC control testing or other related experience gained within financial crimes management function or other relevant risk function (including Audit).
- Working knowledge of the UK / EMEA regulatory environment and how FCA, PRA and regulatory requirements apply to wholesale banking lines of business (This would ideally include specific experience of Irish or other European regulatory environments).
- General understanding of UK and US regulatory rules and best practice is desirable.
- Business awareness –understanding of wholesale banking activities and requirements.
- Communication – strong interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy.
- Organization – strong organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Team working – a proven track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines is required.
- Flexibility / Initiative – ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Analytical skills – Strong analytical skills with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information on various subjects.
- Computing skills – Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.