Associate Director - Regulatory Recruitment
We are working with a leading Regulatory Consultancy, who are looking for Financial Crime professionals to help to deliver high quality financial crime regulatory advice and support to clients operating across the regulated sector, including: retail, corporate and investment banks; wealth and asset management firms; and authorised payment and electronic money institutions. You will possess technical knowledge of UK AML/CTF regulations and accompanying guidance. You will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
Advise and support clients on a wide range of financial crime compliance matters. This may include:
- Advise clients on UK financial crime regulatory requirements, expectations and industry practices.
- Performing independent reviews of firms’ systems and controls.
- Execute design and operational effectiveness testing of clients’ financial crime risk management controls including due diligence, transaction monitoring, screening, and suspicious activity reporting processes.
- Draft, revise, and present client deliverables, including but not limited to: reports; policies and procedures; presentations; and correspondence.
- Be your clients’ point of contact on specific elements of our engagements.
- Participate in client meetings, such as interviews and presentations.
- At all times adhere to the Quality Assurance Framework prior to submission to the client.
- Accurately record all client details, including opportunities, projects and billable time in line with defined protocols.
- Foster a professional relationship with clients and contacts, ensuring regular and open communication
- Actively seek to increase our client base by providing market insight and building meaningful, long-term client relationships
- Participate in and where relevant, help to present at industry events and training sessions, such as client briefings on topical regulatory issues and roundtable events aimed at compliance professionals
- Actively contribute to marketing and business development activities including:
- Preparing proposals and draft engagement letters
- Writing engaging and informative content
- Preparing other marketing material
- Be the focal point for all such matters within the firm and provide specialist insight into financial crime systems and controls
- Keep abreast of relevant regulatory developments and understand how client activities may be impacted
- Be proactive in updating both colleagues and clients on relevant regulatory changes and industry news
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and requirements so you can provide relevant and accurate advice
- Conduct research and assist colleagues with preparing templates and other technical material on topics of interest
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level
- Financial crime-related Diploma level professional qualification, or willing to study towards
- A minimum of two years demonstrable financial crime compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Technical knowledge of UK AML/CTF regulations and guidance, and a working knowledge of other relevant anti-financial crime laws and regulations such as Sanctions, Terrorist Financing and Bribery and Corruption
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear and concise observations and recommendations
- Ability to write policies and other framework documentation
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Experience managing client relationships and engagements
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience using a CRM system would be an advantage
- A high level of personal pride in the quality of your outputs as well as your own reputation with clients and colleagues
- A commercial mindset with the appetite to grow this area of our business
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to spot new opportunities and develop them
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to be hands-on and to tackle a broad range of matters outside main areas of expertise