Are you interested in joining a revolutionary, fast paced and innovative environment? Do you want to be a part of a Risk team at the heart of a dynamic banking business?
If this is you, keep reading!
About the Role
The 2LOD FCC Risk Assessment and Policy Senior Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and support to the Head of FCC / MLRO on all financial crime matters. This includes being responsible for advising the business and senior management on the financial crime risk exposure from new products, services and features and lead the regular EWRA exercise. They will be responsible for the maintenance of FCC 2LOD documentation and will act as the Secretary of the FCC Committee, supporting the Head of FCC / MLRO. They will support the Head of FCC / MLRO on drafting internal governance reporting. Their key stakeholders are the CRCO and the Heads of Enterprise Risk, Compliance, Change & Transformation and BaaS Servicing.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of anti-financial crime regulatory requirements, including sanctions regimes and Fund Transfer Regulation, and very strong knowledge of correspondent banking products, including different payment schemes and payment channels. Knowledge of cryptoassets desirable. They will have extensive experience performing risk assessments and drafting policies from scratch. They will be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment, with a high degree of change and will be capable of managing numerous concurring priorities. They must be able to think strategically, prioritise appropriately, and work well under stress. They will be comfortable managing senior stakeholders and drafting papers for senior audiences, namely senior management and regulators.
- Advise on ClearBank’s financial crime risk exposure from new products, services and features, including the Banking as a Service (BaaS) offering, evaluating requests for risk acceptance where required, liaising with the other 2LOD FCC areas
- Lead the regular Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment exercise, including methodology enhancements, completion of the exercise and issuance of governance papers
- Conduct horizon scanning based on external and internal sources to identify new potential financial crime risks or regulatory issues to ClearBank
- Lead awareness of new and existing regulatory requirements, providing business-wide awareness where required
- Responsible for ClearBank’s financial crime regulatory impact matrix
- Responsible for the maintenance of core documents, including the FCC Policy, Standards and Risk-Based Approach documentation
- Lead reviews and responses to relevant regulators and industry bodies’ public consultations
- Lead responses and reports to regulators on ClearBank’s anti-financial crime control framework
- Support the Head of FCC / MLRO on drafting and reporting the annual MLRO Report
- Secretary of the FCC Committee, which is chaired by the Head of FCC/MLRO, and responsible for risk escalations to other executive governance fora
- Lead the completion of the 2LOD FCC Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), and advise on substantive changes to 1LOD RCSA
- Deputise for the MLRO when required
Core Skills and Experience
- Well-versed in anti-financial crime regulatory requirements, including sanctions regimes and Fund Transfer Regulation, in the UK and Europe. US knowledge desirable
- Strong technical knowledge of correspondent banking products, including different payment schemes and payment channels
- Demonstrated risk-based decisioning and strategic thinking
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements for senior and junior audiences
- Experience in policy-making and policy drafting
- Experience managing very senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Holds relevant professional qualifications
About what we offer
- The right candidate will be provided with support, guidance and training along with exposure to departments and functions that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge of how a bank with payments at its heart is built and how it operates on a day-to-day basis.
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
The legal bit: By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.
Perks, benefits and rewards
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspectives are what allow us to to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the differences between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate, and most importantly speak up to make us better.