Financial Crime Compliance Operations Manager (FTC)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 11 Jan 18 2018-01-11
Financial Crime Compliance Operations Manager (12mth Secondment/FTC). You will assist with the management and leadership of the specialist Aviva Investors Financial Crime Compliance Operations Team and protect the business and clients through the adoption of a risk based approach to due diligence and monitoring in accordance with AML requirements, as well as, providing effect management of Financial Crime risks in accordance with appropriate guidelines and regulations/legislation.
- To assist in leading a team of specialists undertaking AML on-boarding checks and ongoing monitoring for the illiquid AI assets ensuring that all processes are followed and regulatory requirements complied with.
- To provide advice and financial crime expertise (particularly in relation to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions but also covering other financial crime risks).
- To ensure AML and sanction/PEP screening, on-boarding checks and ongoing monitoring across all AI asset classes are undertaken in an effective, robust and consistent approach in line with AI MLRO global strategy and requirements.
- To assist in developing and executing annual plans to oversee and enhance, as appropriate, financial crime prevention programmes including risk assessments, implementation of risk based, reasonable and proportionate systems and controls, monitoring, MI, external reporting and training.
- To ensure 1st line financial crime risk support to the business during regulatory audits and ensure audit points/findings are timely and effectively actioned.
- Support the business by ensuring/developing appropriate training in financial crime prevention.
- Maintain effective communication within the business to ensure material issues related to financial crime prevention are escalated as required.
- Ensure lessons learned are translated into effective prevention systems and controls and that best practice is shared in relation to financial crime risks.
- Support the design and provision of meaningful management information to monitor the financial crime prevention programmes and Financial Crime Standard implementation.
- Ensure FC and MI reports for senior management and committees provide an understanding of financial crime risks and aids decision making.
- Act as a challenge and support for the business in setting its financial crime risk appetite and mitigation programmes.
- Practical financial crime experience or transferable skills
- International Compliance Association Financial Crime qualification or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
- Current knowledge of money laundering, sanctions, and/or market abuse laws.
- Knowledge of fraud, bribery and corruption laws
- Sound knowledge of AML Risk Based Approach concepts
- Sound knowledge of sanctions and politically exposed persons screening systems and transaction monitoring systems.
- Understanding of risk management principles.
- Analytical thinker and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to react to and manage sensitive situations and challenge appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to influence decision making at senior levels
- Able to give advice and guidance within specialisation to staff at all levels.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.