Financial Crime Compliance, Controls Support Manager (CID & CSI), FCC UK # 101673
The Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs organization at Credit Suisse strives to become a proactive, independent function that enables business units across the organization to challenge and effectively manage compliance risk. Our new management team is focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
This role is to work directly with the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Director who has oversight for client on-boarding and transaction monitoring.
Client ID (CID) and Controls, Surveillance & Investigations (CSI) are both London-based team within the UK Financial Crime Compliance function of the bank. The CID team advises and leads on all second line of defence activity related to financial crime compliance Know You Client matters, and Client Due Diligence. They also set the CDD Procedures for onboarding as well as the approval for all IWM clients and high risk IB clients. Controls, Surveillance & Investigations undertake transaction monitoring (both manual and automated) for the CS UK entities, investigate referrals from the business on unusual behavior/activity and file suspicious activity reports (SARs) to the UK authorities (National Crime Agency - NCA).
This role will be to support the FCC Director in relation to various projects, initiatives and activities in relation to CID and CSI. They will work in close collaboration with the Heads of CID and CSI to ensure a collaborative approach and ensure co-ordination with the rest of the FCC Team.
The role will report directly into the FCC Director for CSI and Client ID.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing support to the FCC Director who has oversight leading the CID and CSI teams within the 2LoD for all CS UK entities;
- Providing leadership and SME knowledge on both external and regulatory examinations for financial crime;
- Alternate for the FCC Director to attend Committees, forums and other project initiatives, when required;
- Reviewing and signing off of KYC exceptions where delegated to current policy and procedures;
- Working with the Financial Crime Risk Assessment Manager to embed the program within the UK legal entities;
- Leading the management and implementation of policies and procedures with relevant FCC team leads; and
- Providing support for reviewing and making recommendations to regulatory changes in relation to financial crime, for example the 4th EU Money Laundering Directive, AML Regulations 2017, etc.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Qualifications and Attributes
- You should have extensive experience working in a financial crime position at a financial institution.
- Understanding of the Investment Banking or Private Banking environment
- You should preferably be educated to degree level or equivalent and have an appropriate FCC qualification such as an ICA Diploma in Financial Crime.
- You will need to have sufficient gravitas as they will be liaising with very senior managers in the business divisions. They need to be able to and will be expected to provide credible challenge to the business.