Financial Crime Associate
Financial Crime Associate (Transaction Monitoring), 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover) Job Title:
Financial Crime Associate (12 month FTC maternity cover) Salary:
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits Role Purpose:
To assist the MLRO in meeting regulatory and statutory expectations relating to the prevention of financial crime. Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Supporting the MLRO in the continued development of the bank's AML monitoring programme and ensure the ongoing effectiveness of daily and periodic monitoring;
• Actively participate in the management and investigation of alerts generated by the Transaction Monitoring system to ensure that these are resolved in a timely and effective way;
• Maintain and follow procedures for transaction monitoring identifying and reporting of suspicious transactions, patterns and trends, and, where required, escalating potentially suspicious transactions to the Nominated Officer;
• Supporting the MLRO in the in the ongoing assessment of system parameters and make recommendations to ensure these are amended in line with the risk levels relating to the relevant activity;
• Where required, assist the MLRO with implementing enhancements to systems and controls to ensure that the bank operates in accordance with regulatory requirements;
• Participate in business as usual tasks as directed by the MLRO.
• Undertake ad hoc project work as requested.
• Liaise with local colleagues and within the Group, and provided support and assistance to ensure that a robust financial crime framework is in place.
• Maintain good relationships with Senior Management and staff. Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of working with automated monitoring solutions and investigating system generated alerts; knowledge of the Transwatch system would be particularly beneficial
• Some relevant product knowledge (correspondent banking and trade finance) is desirable;
• A good knowledge and up-to-date understanding of the UK regulatory structure.
• Good working knowledge of the Fourth Money Laundering Directive and the Wire Transfer Regulations;
• Excellent communication skills. Ideally also Mandarin speaking
• Ability to adapt to the culture of the Bank
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.