Miryco are working with a leading Asset Manager/Life Insurer. This is a diverse role working within a small, but high performing compliance function which is growing in line with the business. The Financial Crime Analyst will be an integral part of the firm's high-calibre Compliance team.
Financial Crime (Anti-bribery and Corruption, Anti-money laundering, Sanctions and Fraud).
- Be responsible for operating the firm's financial crime processes, systems and controls for asset and liability deals
- Checking for and investigating sanction and PEP alerts.
- Ensure that the firm's financial crime prevention arrangements are consistent with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Make recommendations as required to update financial crime systems and controls in light of changes in legal/regulatory requirements and/or the evolution of industry best practice.
- Ensure financial crime-related procedures, processes and controls owned and operated by the Compliance Function are sufficient to maintain ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, and are effectively designed and operationally robust.
- Provide support and coordination to mitigate financial crime-related exposures across the organisation, engaging closely with relevant senior managers and the business areas they are responsible for.
- Support delivery of a comprehensive annual risk-assessment of the business to determine exposures to financial crime and market integrity risks
- Support preparation of the MLRO’s annual report to the Audit Committee and for approval by the Board
Skills & Experience:
- Deep understanding of relevant domestic and international financial crime requirements.
- Detailed understanding of corporate structures and how to understand and correctly verify such structures.
- Working knowledge of JMLSG.
- Extensive experience in working within the UK regulatory environment.
- Proven experience delivering quality and consistent output, including at short notice.
- Managing on-going/cyclical work items and workflow processes.
- Experience with the debt raising process for the issuance of private and public bonds.
- Knowledge of US corporate structures.
- Previous experience in pensions buy in/buy out sector.
- Strong understanding of fraud risk, the tactics fraudsters deploy and how to identify and mitigate them, e.g. pension scams
- Managing and producing management information.
- Big 4 Consultancy background.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 plus competitive package on top.
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For similar roles visit www.miryco.com.