Olivetree was founded on key guiding principles which direct our behavior, our decision making, and our interaction with each other and our stakeholders. At the core of those principles is a collaborative, kind, and forward looking organisation where ‘we’ matters more than ‘me’. Our intention as an organisation is to inspire our clients with ideas and insights that help them to achieve their objectives. We have ambition to grow and diversify our offerings and are looking for like-minded, ambitions individuals to join our team.
In support of our continued growth, an opportunity has arisen to work for Olivetree Financial Limited (OTFL), based in London. OTF is seeking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller for the UK business. The role will report to the CFO of OTFL. Work week is anticipated to be Tues, Wed, Thursdays in the office with Mon and Friday as optional office days (WFH days).
As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the full spectrum of the day to day financial control function, reporting to the CFO, for the UK business which is regulated by the FCA.
• Prepare and present regular financial reports including P&L by business area
• Assist CFO with financial planning/budgeting
• Oversee cash flow management and planning in conjunction with CFO
• UK payroll process with external agent
• Manage payment of invoices and expenses
• Reconcile bank accounts versus Sage Accounting
• VAT Return preparation
• Maintain Purchase ledger and Sales ledger
• P11D Preparation
• Produce and develop client revenue reports
• Work in close partnership with other functions as appropriate
The successful candidate will be a strong cultural fit for Olivetree. The candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years professional experience, ideally in a smaller firm where you have had a wide set of duties.
Attributes / Skills
• Be focused, with the ability to prioritise effectively to deliver results
• Highly numerate
• Advanced Excel user; effective Word and Powerpoint User
• Excellent attention to detail / clear focus on accuracy
• Self-starter / motivated / eager to learn
• Comfortable challenging the status quo in a constructive manner
• Strong work ethic
• Strong bias for collaboration and teamwork
• Great to work with / kind / genuine / operates with high integrity
• Embraces all aspects of diversity
• Experience with Sage System highly desirable
• Understanding of Equities is ideal but not essential