Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant Our Client, a Metals Trading Company based in Central London, is currently a professionally Qualified Accountant ideally with previous experience within the Metals or Mining Sector. Responsible for business operations controlling, for all reporting and accounting requirements of the Company’s Trading activities, as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation and annual reporting and dealing with Auditors to ensure end of year sign off.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Managing all accounting workflows and financial aspects of the Company.
- Implementation of month end closing routines and management reporting packages.
- Presenting Monthly Management Accounts to senior management.
- Handling all aspects of banking documentation and procedures and treasury management.
- Provide ad hoc company and business presentations.
- Implementation, monitoring and control of financial processes.
- Production of IFRS compliant financial statements.
- Supervise and motivate remote team to produce high quality information to tight deadlines.
- Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely monthly financial information for management.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Profit & Loss Account, Cash Flow and Stock Statements.
- Budgeting & forecasting the Trading P&L, Direct & Indirect costs on a regular basis and managing Forex remittances.
- Treasury and cash management related to import/export, debtors and creditors monitoring, Working Capital requirements follow up.
- Correspondence with banks to develop future and existing facilities, foster banking, and counterparty relationships.
- Preparation of Project Reports & Corporate Presentations for the purpose of raising capital from Financial Institutions / Banks & other private funding.
- Preparation of detailed financial proposals for various projects which includes allocating budgets.
- Derivatives reconciliation on daily basis, follow up broker statements, including margin calls calculation.
- Preparation of quarterly Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and other reports required by management.
- Reviewing the existing system of accounting and bookkeeping and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Accounts receivables and account payables reconciliation monitoring, review of sales and purchase ledger
- Reviewing admin expenses, payroll records, pension, etc.
- Preparation and finalization of annual accounts as per statutory accounting standards and all necessary reports and analysis required for internal and external audits.
- Supervise and review the work of two remote accountants, provide on the job training and identify real time issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline.
• Professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or similar) desirable.
• 5+ years of progressive controlling / planning / finance / accounting experience.
• Knowledge of metals trading is considered advantagous.
• Solid knowledge / understanding and applicability of accounting procedures and principles.
• Advanced Excel and accounting/trading software user and administration skills.
IT Literate with strong accounting systems experience and advanced MS excel skills experience.
Hands on approach, comfortable in operating in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Ability to liaise externally with banks, auditors, suppliers, buyers, and other relevant parties.
Self-motivated and result driven with great attention to detail.
Strong work ethic and analytical skills.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.