Financial Controller & Compliance Manager – Multi-Family Office
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Holbein Partners LLP
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
Holbein Partners LLP is a leading multi-family office that require a first rate, dynamic, driven and highly skilled Financial Controller & Compliance Manager who shall facilitate, implement, support and drive a culture of finance and compliance excellence across the firm.
Holbein Partners LLP is a leading multi-family office and wealth manager to UHNWI's. We are a family-owned partnership offering expert investment advice to family offices, private clients, trusts, charitable foundations and those seeking long-term wealth preservation solutions for their financial goals.
As part of our Holbein's continued growth and development, we require a first rate, dynamic, driven and highly skilled Financial Controller & Compliance Manager who shall facilitate, implement, support and drive a culture of financial and compliance excellence across the firm.
This is a unique position that offers the opportunity to be given a considerable degree of responsibility in finance and compliance in a collegiate multi-family office environment. The successful candidate will have high degree of interaction with the partners and the investment team who manage complex portfolios for sophisticated clients. Reporting to the firm’s Chief Operations Officer, responsibilities include:
- The management and responsibility of the firm’s finance, financial control and compliance functions including all aspects of reporting and control;
- Monthly financial control function and reporting; payroll, VAT returns, budgets, management reporting, LLP partnership returns etc;
- In coordination with the firm’s external compliance consultants, assisting with employee compliance training, maintenance of the firm’s compliance manual and ensuring adherence of policies therein;
- Responsibility for the firm’s statutory filings and returns including; ICAAP, FCA, Gabriel, FATCA, CRS, MiFID II, Companies House etc;
- In conjunction with external compliance consultants,managing the in-house compliance program including best execution, complaints, personal account dealing, filings etc;
- Client on-boarding including the KYC & AML
- Assisting the investment team in the operational due diligence of the firm’s hedge fund and private equity investments;
- Supporting the firm’s Chief Operating Officer to implement the firm’s procedures and policies;
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications
- 2+ years experience working as a financial controller or similar for a FCA or equivalent wealth manager, family office, hedge fund, fund of funds, private equity, private bank or similar financial institution;
- Accounting qualification, highly numerate with excellent Excel, accounting, and compliance skills;
- Highly proficient in financial control in wealth management or financial services environment with the ability to implement a best practice compliance program throughout the firm;
- Practical and collaborative approach with an ability to drive a culture of accurate reporting and compliance excellence across the firm;
- Effective self-management and time management skills including the ability to quickly adapt to change;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and engage with stakeholders, both internal and external and leading by example;
- Ability to seek and encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing issues;
- Dynamic, detailed orientated with a propensity to action to see the job through to completion;
- Alternative investment due diligence experience is advantageous though not a requirement;
- Other relevant professional qualifications are considered highly favorably, though not essential.
Please email CV to email@example.com detailing current remuneration package and notice period.