My client are actively seeking a qualified finance professional who posses strong financial modelling skills to work closely with the group CFO. This is a varied, hands on role in a small but demanding and fast paced investment firm. You will be exposed to the full arrangement and execution process so its a great way to manage investment from start to finish
My client are a rapidly growing Family Office primarily dealing with real estate investments.
The company in question is involved in a variety of investments in a diverse set of markets meaning the work there will be fast paced and challenging.
Due to the smaller nature of the office, candidates will be expected to work outside of their job description.
The role will support the CFO in a family office environment.
Work will be varied but key responsibility is maintaining accounts and reports for all SPV Holdcos and interrogating investment models.
- Maintaining accounting records and quarterly reports
- Preparing budgeting, reporting, forecasting and cost analysis
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Record keeping for a variety of investment including updating capital commitments and margin positions
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Payroll, liaising with HMRC etc.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors (where applicable)
- Implementation of structures for new investments
- Complying with all organisational, statutory and regulatory policies and procedures
- Tracking the tax impact of various investment activities (redemptions, distributions, etc.)
- Setting up clients and counterparties in the Company's database and back office systems
- Maintaining updated KYC files and assisting with on-boarding checks
Candidates will need experience of financial accounting and reporting, monthly NAV & basic valuation work.
Strong financial modelling experience and excellent knowledge in Excel and other Microsoft programs
Bachelor degree in finance or accountanc
Strong communication skills
You must be numerate, articulate and have attentive to detail
Previous experience working in a Family Office is desirable
Excellent opportunity to be involved in a fast paced investment environment