- £65k - £85k + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
- 18 Jan 18
Financial Controller (Hedge Fund - Broad Remit - No2 to COO)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: £65k - £85k + Bonus
A boutique hedge fund is looking for a No2 to the COO to help assist with the future expansion of the firm as they look to launch a new fund in Q1 2018.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the business following an excellent 2017. The first fund has performed to exceptionally well over 2017, which has provided a new platform for a new fund launch in Q1 2018. They are based in Mayfair and have additional office space to increase the headcount over the next 12-24 months.
The role itself will assist the COO across all areas of support. Most noticeably across Finance, Operations and Compliance with a large project component. It’s a small team and you will be based on the desk next to the investment team.
Some the responsibilities will include:
- Finance – You will be responsible for the corporate entity of the business, tax structuring and dealing with the regulators;
- Operations – Trade execution, various start of day processes, and position reporting;
- Compliance - Service provider due diligence reviews, data security review, IT system controls
- Projects – Incorporation/structuring of new funds, development of compliance manual etc
They are looking for somebody from an accounting background (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who ideally has some hedge fund/wider asset management experience. This person could come from an audit background and spent 2-4 years in a fund. It could also suit a fund administrator looking to move in-house. The role should be appealing due to its broad nature, exposure to all areas of the business including the desk and the development potential.
This is a rare opportunity to join an expanding business and work directly under a COO in a role that will position you for a future COO position.
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong academics
- Confident communicator
- Interest in financial markets
- Strong Excel desirable
- Ambitious & motivated