A rare yet fantastic opportunity to join an exciting boutique Private Equity fund as they seek to appoint a Financial Controller to support and work directly alongside an experienced CFO. The firm has a fantastic back-story with phenomenal culture. For anyone with a background in fund finance, seeking to step up into a more senior role, this is genuinely a role worth considering!
A genuinely exciting opportunity to join a boutique Private Equity fund with just under £1Bn AuM. Our client is seeking to appoint a Financial Controller to oversee the day to day finances of both the underlying funds and the Management company while also partnering with the CFO and Partner group on a range of strategic initiatives.
- Manage external Fund administrator in UK and Luxembourg. Luxembourg soon to be brought in house with Junior accountant as our client sets up a Luxembourg office.
- Reviewing the administrator’s preparation of quarterly investor reporting, including management accounts for all funds and individual capital accounts for all funds.
- Prepare all investor query responses, build investor relationships.
- Reviewing capital call/distribution notices.
- SPV holding company accounts – prepare: UK, review: Luxembourg.
- General Partner accounts – in house: maintain ledger, financial statements & audit.
- Manage/lead on all audits.
- Manage and take responsibility for incumbent outsource provider (soon to be moved to in-house Luxembourg accountant) who undertake:
- Purchase/sales ledger
- Journals incl. accruals/prepayments
- LLP payments
- Monthly LLP reporting pack preparation
- Preparation of annual LLP financial statements/initial audit contact
- VAT returns/admin
- Monthly management account reporting to CFO and Partner
- Budgeting, forecasting and cash planning
- Quarterly FCA reporting/regulatory capital forecasting
- Manage HR processes such as health/life insurance
- Seek and promote reporting process and content improvements
- Identify and deliver cost improvements working with management
- General office element: document filing, correspondence etc.
- Carrying out other tasks from time to time as required
- Recognised professional accounting qualification – ACA strongly preferred, or alternative qualification if supported by relevant fund accounting experience
- Degree educated
- Go-getter/ superstar
- Be able to work on own initiative/independent
- Good track record of delivering high professional standards
- Competent user of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work skills