Reporting to: CFO
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £60k
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension Contribution Matching
- Remote Working Flexibility
Work Location: Canary Wharf, and international travel required (up to 25% time)
**The position holder must have the right to work in the United Kingdom**
A very exciting and professional brokerage group that has catered to over 1,000,000 clients since its inception in early 2000. The group has offices in London, Dubai and Belize with its, head office based in Dubai.
The role in question will be based out of our company in London. The London entity although primarily focused on FX, it is in the process of building its global equities and futures & options desks (excl. EU). You will be joined by high-calibre staff, equally motivated to develop and grow the business.
The Financial Controller (Group) role is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an organisation in growth phase and you will be well-positioned for career advancement. This role carries considerable responsibility. Reporting directly to the Group CFO and based in London, you will be expected to play a proactive role in providing support whilst ensuring that best practices are applied at a local as well as a group level.
Travelling to Dubai or other Group Office locations will be required. We expect up to 25% of your time to be spent in other Group office locations.
As part of the role, the main responsibilities will be to cater to the financial needs of the London office as well as the entities of the Group and to begin with will include the following:
- the preparation of the monthly trail balance and management reporting to submit to the Group
- Control over the Balance Sheet including thorough reconciliations
- Review of the Daily P&L
- Produce daily reconciliations on banks and liquidity providers and execution brokers (incl. CASS segregation)
- preparation of the annual statutory accounts (IFRS), including the external audit and planning, updating
- Prepare / assist Group CFO with the preparation of the annual budget
- Liaison with external and, when applicable, regulatory authorities, external auditors, internal auditors and assistance with information and explanations required during the year-end financial audit and other reviews / audits
- Providing financial information as required by senior colleagues and Group entities.
- review of quarterly VAT return, including partial exemption calculations
- To provide supervisions and trainings to the junior staff in the team
- Ad-hoc projects as required by CFO or the senior management
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, law (or other related topic)
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- Have the right to work in UK
- Team player
- Able to work independently and deliver assignments on time and on tight deadlines
- Mandarin language skill
- Ideally, but not essential: ACA qualified from Big 4; post qualified experience from financial service
- Ideally, but not essential, some prior experience of brokerage house accounting (fx, equities, futures, options), including the understanding and ability to interpret regulatory requirements.