The firm is a leading european hedge fund manager bringing together portfolio managers who persue investment strategies under a single corporaate umbrella. The firm are looking for a hands-on finance manager/controller who will take the no. 1 position, handling all aspects of corporate finance.
This will be a cradle-to-grave corporate accounting role and while broad in remit, will require a hands-on personality to be able to get stuck in and deal with all elements of corporate finance.
- Accounts preparation
- UK Regulatory Reporting
- Managing relationships with external advisors (audit, tax and payroll), incl overseeing the annual audit
- Corporation Tax / VAT returns
- Dealing with other cost-related duties (Accounts payable, Group service charges etc)
- Liquidity management and reporting
- Management Reporting (MI) – producing and presenting to the COO and Board of Directors
- Ad-Hoc Project work – this will include driving process improvements
- There will also be opportunity to take on value-add work such as Financial forecasting reviews and having an input in the related decision-making process.
- Qualified accountant (open on background and qualification) with strong analytical skills
- At least 5+ years of experience in a financial services company
- Knows how to create both LLP and Corporate accounts
- Fund accounting/control would be beneficial.
- Knows how to handle multi-currency and inter-company transactions
- Hands-on and non-precious mentality
- Broad accounting experience from Financial Services
- Strong systems (accounting) skills incl Excel
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deliver process improvements