1.) Face off to senior management
- Present relevant reports to senior management
- Face off on any issues within your area
- Be willing to challenge their views if appropriate.
2.) Continuous improvement
- Participate and lead project work as appropriate e.g. Caseware migration, reviewing impact of producing consolidated accounts.
- Promote a change culture, constantly look for efficiencies and process improvements in the immediate team but also the wider Finance team.
3.) Develop a deep understanding of the business
- Understand how the business generates revenues to ensure bookings are valid.
- Understand the types and magnitudes of costs and share schemes to ensure accounting is appropriate
- Have an analytical mind set to challenge items that look unusual
4.) Relationship management
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including parent company
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Experience in a Financial Services
- Ideally 5+ years post qualified experience in a Financial Reporting or Financial Controller role
- Experience completing/overseeing FCA regulatory returns and ICAAP
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc)
- Attention to detail
- Someone with a control and risk focused mind set.
- Someone who embraces change and constantly looks to drive process improvements.
- Motivated and able to motivate a team
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Good communication skills (oral and written)