Coller Capital, founded in 1990, is one of the world's leading investors in the secondary market for private assets.
Working within the Finance department that acts as a business partner to Front Office and Investor Relations, you will be expected to foster strong relationships with various counterparties and service providers in order to deliver for our investors. The firm supports the Finance team's collaborative, entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced atmosphere which has proven to be an ideal environment for team members to learn, develop and flourish.
The Financial Analyst will encounter a broad remit and this opportunity exposes you to a diverse range of areas in Finance to ensure you have the opportunity to maximise your strengths. You will sit within the Treasury and Fund Reporting team, however the role will involve working collaboratively with our Investment Monitoring team to achieve common goals, as well as a number of other areas both inside and outside of the organisation, per the below: New and existing investments
- Working with the Investment and Execution (Legal) teams to remain fully informed on new deal progress, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet investment costs and expenses, whilst maximising returns to investors.
- Collaborating with FX trading counterparties and leverage providers in order to execute FX trades, manage loan facility utilisations and negotiate transaction terms.
- Developing strategy to maximise investor returns, including modelling the future liquidity position of the funds to optimise the amount and timing of investor cashflows.
- Influence the optimum setup and operations of complex structures for new investor and investment vehicles. Understand the requirements of the relevant accounting standards and the impact on the financial reporting, as well as the impacts to other processes.
- Working with our Fund Administrators to review quarterly reporting for our investors. Ensure the reporting appropriately reflects investment and fund level activity.
- Partnering with our Investor Relations team to deliver fund performance analysis for investors and aiding fundraising through the delivery of due diligence materials.
- Delivering regular reporting packs to senior management and making recommendations to drive the strategies mentioned. This includes liquidity forecasting, investment and fund performance, pipeline deal tracking, FX exposure coverage, and covenant stress testing.
- Working with multiple parties (auditors / administrators) to deliver accurate and insightful information in, as well as co-ordinating delivery of, the annual audited accounts.
- Partnering with Middle Office / IT teams to innovate market-leading treasury platform functionality.
- Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organisational and motivational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in one of the Top 10 firms or within a PE firm/Asset Manager
- Sound knowledge of FX and capital markets
- Experience in Business Intelligence / Data Analytics / Process Change
- Knowledge of coding language (e.g. Python, C++ or VBA, etc)
- Experience working alongside Administrators/third party providers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to create, develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in a growing, fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities within deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility for significant areas of work and deliver with minimal supervision showing an accountable and proactive approach
- Demonstrate an ability to assimilate and adapt quickly to new knowledge and concepts
- Ability to identify efficiencies and work collaboratively to drive change
- Demonstrates a positive attitude; places value on and contributes to a collaborative and supportive team culture
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we offer private medical insurance and an attractive pension. Please let us know if we can make any reasonable adjustments at interview in order to fully support and promote your talent.