The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. Relationships with client personnel and professional associates strengthen as the ability to communicate, gain trust and network improves.
At the direction of Managers, the Senior Consultant may accept responsibility for decision-making, ranging from staffing and preparation of deliverables to application of methodologies.
What Will Help You Be Successful:
- You enjoy identifying areas of business risk, potential technical problems, and opportunities to improve the efficiency and profitability of the client’s overall business processes.
- You are passionate about evaluating, synthesizing, organizing and interpreting data and information.
- You create a positive work environment that fosters open communication among all engagement team members.
- You effectively build relationships with your clients and provide them with timely and quality service.
- You have an inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
Do Your Talents Include the Following?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations as well as presentations.
- A solid foundation in accounting / finance processes and objectives.
- An understanding of core business and finance processes such as Financial Reporting, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement as well as specific accounting areas such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Inventory and Revenue.
- Experience in the implementation of new IFRS / accounting standards, helping companies with GAAP conversions, preparing financial statements, and assisting in consolidation of financial statements.
- Knowledge of accounting operations, financial frameworks, financial accounting systems and business intelligence tools.
- A good understanding of internal controls related to the aforementioned business and finance processes.
- Knowledge of process improvement, business transformation and project management methodologies (such as Lean, Agile, Change Management etc.)Ability to apply critical thinking skills and innovation to client engagements across various industries.
- An understanding for process analysis and assessments as well as development of process flows and future state roadmaps.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to create value add client deliverables.
- Ability to work with a diverse portfolio of clients across several industries.
- Good organisational skills, prioritisation skills, time management skills and ability to undertake multiple activities at any given time.
- Experience in tools such as MS Office (particularly Project, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), Power BI, and Tableau etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
- Mentoring and advising junior staff.
Your Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business related field).
- 3+ years working in Consulting, FP&A, Financial Reporting, Internal Audit, Assurance Services, or a related field, either in professional services or industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional Certifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA, CFE, Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma, Certified Scrum Professional, Certified Supply Chain Professional, PMP or similar strongly preferred.
Do You Love Exploring New Places?
In ordinary circumstances, we travel throughout the month frequently based upon client requests/commitments. Travel may include local, regional, or international locations.