Financial Accounting: Streamline and Efficiencies - Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Trading Operations is a key partner to the Firm's institutional trading business globally providing trade and post trade support covering Fixed Income (Rates, Credit, Cash, FX, Commodities, SPG & DSP) and Equities (Equity Cash, DSP, Equity OTC, Fund Derivatives & MSET) products. Playing a meaningful role in trade verification, new product approval, reconciliation of the Firm's books & records and supporting regulatory obligations, the department offers interesting opportunities for a talented team.
Role Description & Responsibilities
The role is Financial Accounting: Streamline and Efficiencies - Director, reporting into the COO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining Trading Operations overarching strategy and operating model
- Working with the Global Trading Operations Management Committee to deliver and implement its strategy
- Providing governance and oversight of the Management Committees Key Initiatives
- Working closely with the groups’ Change the Bank lead to support the delivery of the Change the Bank agenda
- Working with the COO and Lead Business Manager to develop an annual budget that supports the group strategy
- Developing and implementing Global Trading Operations Communication and People strategy
- Vendor management including owning and leading the relationships, as well as supporting new vendor selection processes
- Supporting the Global Head of Trading Operations & COO in special projects
Skills and requirements
- You have proven skills in a lead Project Management, Business Partner and/ or Financial Management role within a large organisation.
- You are able to manage and succinctly communicate to senior stakeholders.
- You anticipate problems/obstacles and understand the ramifications to business.
- You offer workable commercial solutions.
- You skilfully identify problems, build solutions and apply lessons.
- In challenging situations you can make timely, sound and commercially focused decisions balancing risk, opportunity and cost.
- You have the confidence to make tough decisions without 100% certainty - form own independent assessment and fairly consider other's opinions.
- You challenge assumptions and actively look for ways to enhance and develop processes and procedures, creating a dynamic risk management culture.
- You mobilize cross functional teams to resolve issues using both tactical and strategic solutions.
- You actively leverage networks and use initiative to expand own and others understanding of front to back business process and technology.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond positively to changing circumstances.
- You actively take the lead to ensure actions and discussion moves forward.
- You understand when to be a leader and when to be a participant depending on what is needed to achieve the team's goals and objectives.
- You challenge the conventional view constructively and respectfully; present ideas persuasively to influence others.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of people drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing people based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.