A leading Investment Banking/Brokerage firm are seeking a technical Financial Accounting Manager to join their London team. This is a new organic role and would suit a qualified accountant from financial services.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual financial statements. Currently four legal entities with the possible future requirement for audited consolidated accounts for the European group.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts – including p&l, balance sheet and consolidation adjustments. Also cashflow reporting and projections.
- Monthly currency exposure reports
- Responsible for monthly corporate income tax and VAT accruals.
- Quarterly VAT and EC Sales List reporting to HMRC
- Preparation of UK Corporate Tax Returns (with support as required from external advisors)
- Working closely with US Tax Dept and overseas subsidiaries to coordinate on European tax issues generally. Including Corporate Tax and VAT.
- Review and support for European Transfer Pricing Issues
- Periodic ONS reporting.
- Takes the lead of technical accounting issues. Liaising with external auditors, finance and overseas subsidiaries.
- Primary cover for daily regulatory capital calculations
- Technical accounting expertise. Able to work through business issues and advise on appropriate accounting treatments and solutiuons.
- Experience in preparation and audit of financial statements.
- Exposure to and experience in consolidated accounts.
- Experience in preparing monthly management accounts.
- Working knowledge of and interest in Corporate Income Tax and VAT.
- Exposure to the preparation and submission of regulatory capital returns would be an advantage.
- Self-starter and ability to work through issues on one’s own
- Self-motivated and self-aware with a commitment to ongoing personal development.
- Willingness to challenge and revise existing processes
- Prioritizing responsiveness and speed of delivery.
- Comfortable working as part of a small and organisationally flat team team – ready and willing to get involved in other areas as required
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills – locally within the Finance Team and with the wider business.
- Comfortable in the preparation of written analysis and presenting issues to senior management and the wider business.