Our client is a leading private equity firm based in the City. They are seeking a qualified Accountant with previous experience working within a private equity or LLP setting to join their team for an initial one year contract. The successful candidate will manage a range of responsibilities, including statutory and regulatory reporting, management accounting, audit and tax to performance computation and systems improvements. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to become longer-term or permanent.
- Financial management of the corporate entities including UK corporate, LLPs, LPs and international entities, including outsourced entities.
- Assist with planning and preparation/review of year-end statutory accounts and audit.
- Review and oversight of work undertaken by accounts assistants.
- Preparation of regulatory reporting to international governing bodies (FCA, MAS, SEC and GFSC).
- Adhere to governance and financial control processes including review and update of finance policies and procedures.
- Planning and preparation for the year-end tax process.
- Assist with long-term incentive schemes (carried interest) for the entities.
- Maintain current and relevant systems including continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Delivery of monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Delivery of audit information and signing as per agreed audit deadlines.
- Ensure tax information is received and processed to meet entity requirements.
- Delivery of regulatory reporting requirements timely and accurately.
- Keeping up to date with financial system product developments and develop future initiatives to ensure system meets business requirements.
- Ensure stakeholder queries are addressed on a timely basis.
- Liaise with fund accounting team to ensure smooth provision of data between fund and corporate entities.
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- A minimum 2.1 degree classification (or equivalent).
- Previous finance experience in private equity or infrastructure industry desirable.
- Previous experience of regulatory and statutory reporting for various entity types (Corporate, LLPs, LPs, overseas entities).
- Experience of team management / support of more junior team members.
- Broad finance systems experience, with Sun Systems knowledge preferable.
- Numerate, deadline-focused and reliable, with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Organised in approach to work, with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to deal with the investment team and clients where required.
- Knowledge of IFRS, US,UK GAAP (FRS102) desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS50507.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.