Financial Accountant - London
At a glance
The Financial Accountant reports to the UK Tax Senior Manager and Chief Financial Officer. Key responsibilities include:
- assisting the finance and tax teams in preparing and validating data for the submission of corporation tax and VAT returns for ABF;
- identifying opportunities for process improvement;
- building new process and control frameworks where required.
The aim of this role is to drive forward the improvement to quality and consistency of financial information relevant to the preparation of the tax returns, both direct and indirect. The successful candidate will have responsibility for data gathering, its validation and enhancement by reference to various data sources, as well as its analysis. Building relationships across a wide range of stakeholders in the UK as well as the Netherlands, the candidate would be expected to understand the business, transactions (standard and complex) and how these are categorised for tax purposes, playing a key role in ensuring data quality and integrity within the business. Training will be provided in respect of the tax aspects of the role, but strong analytical skills will be seen as a given. Knowledge of leasing taxation would be a positive. Core Activities include:
Your working environment ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
- Responsibility for data integrity
- Gathering, validation and analysis of the data to ensure accuracy of the VAT and corporation tax returns
- Support in relation to calculation of quarterly instalment payments/ tax provisions
- Proactive improvement of existing processes and, where appropriate, implementation of new processes and controls
- Undertaking work on all ad-hoc projects and transactions in the asset based finance as agreed with the UK Tax Senior Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
ABN AMRO UK
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 individuals in the UK. Your profile
What we offer
- Newly qualified ACA, ACCA or CTA or an individual qualified by experience
- Strong data analytics skills
- Strong excel skills
- Good understanding of the IFRS accounting regulations
- Some understanding of the fundamentals of UK leasing taxation would be desirable but not essential
- Some practical experience in Corporation Tax/VAT in asset based finance would be desirable but not essential
- FS experience not required
- Competencies to include strong problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Able to work independently with an eye on improvements. Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee. Interested?
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below. For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.
var vacancyNumber = "22307";var events="event54";var hrType="Vacancy";var vacancyTitle="Financial Accountant";