Financial Accountant - HSBC
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
Financial Accountant - HSBC Currently there are two positions available, the bank is looking to hire a fully qualified and a part-qualified accountant These are initial 6 month contracts based in London
Financial Accountant - HSBC
Currently there are two positions available, the bank is looking to hire a fully qualified and a part-qualified accountant
This is an initial 6 month contract based in London
In this role you will be primarily responsible for supporting the UK Financial Controllers in the accurate financial reporting (month end, group reporting, regulatory, annual stats).
In addition the role holder will the primarily liaison with the offshore operational accounting teams
- Responsible for the review all the accounting, financial reporting deliverables prepared by the offshore team and deal with day-to-day queries
- Assisting onshore controllers in month end, group reporting, regulatory processes
- Responsible for Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation
- Review monthly P&L and BS before closing the books to ensure accuracy and variance analysis.
- Ensure all internal and external deadlines are met
- Ensure group requests (external reporting) are addressed timely and accurately
- Report figures to the MI Group and answer queries
- Liaise with the business to ensure the accounting reflects accurately and timely business developments
- Taking the ownership for issues resolution
- Take initiative for process improvements and process reviews and their implementation
- Participate in ad-hoc projects
- Provide support and assistance on an ad hoc basis to other teams within Group Finance
- Ensure that all procedures and deal walkthroughs are up to date.
- Ensure processes comply with all FIM requirements
- Assist in the implementation of changes as a result of IFRS9/ GSIB/ S.18
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Big4 Experience preferred
- Proven qualified expeience
- Proven experience in a similar accounting role is essential
- Financial Services background desirable
- Experience in the following systems/ applications is a plus: TM1, CODA, FTP, Saracen/Hyperion desirable
- Advanced Excel skills is desirable
- The role holder needs to be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Please submit your CV in the first instance