Goodman Masson have partnered with a growing Financial Services business based in London to assist them with their search for a driven Financial Accountant. You will be joining a small finance team at the start of their growth, which gives you the opportunity to put a real stamp on the role and make it your own.
Goodman Masson have partnered with a growing Financial Services business based in London to assist them with their search for a driven Financial Accountant.
You will be joining a small finance team at the start of their growth, which gives you the opportunity to put a real stamp on the role and make it your own.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform general accounting functions (e.g. accruals/provisions/amortisation/depreciation, fixed assets register/capital expenditure, opening/maintaining internal accounts etc.). Prepare and input journal entries arising from performance of accounting functions.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of the draft annual statutory accounts. This also involves liaising with external auditors and other departments within the Bank on various matters relating to the audit, in consultation with the Deputy Financial Controller (DFC).
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget for presentation to the Executive Directors and subsequently to the Board of Directors for approval. This function will be performed with the active involvement and support of the DFC.
- Attend to audit confirmations (i.e. incoming requests as well as requesting the Bank's counterparties/customers for such confirmations).
- Monitor actual expenditure against budget on a daily basis and discuss the variances with the Financial Controller (FC).
- Perform account reconciliations (e.g. nostro and sundry/internal accounts etc.).
- Provide cover for certain daily reports.
- Provide adhoc financial information and analysis as requested from time to time by the DFC or the FC.
- Perform other functions, within the remit of the Financial Control Department (FCD), as required by the DFC or the FC. [The changes in the in the accounting and reporting standards and the changes in the business of the Bank will necessitate willingness to keep up to date with such developments. There will be scope for FCD staff to get involved in the regulatory reporting process after appropriate training].
- Accounting qualification. [Part qualified]
- Sound accounting knowledge and experience gained in a banking environment
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Adaptable to changing requirements and a team player
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge/awareness of Bank regulatory reporting
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of Misys/Finastra -Equation application
If you are interested in finding out more and you have the experience listed, please send your CV to email@example.com.